Serving the New York Metro area Protecting each client to the fullest extent of the law
If you or a loved one has been injured, you may feel hurt, angry, and confused. High medical bills and lost wages may only add to your pain and suffering. The stress from these burdens can not only feel overwhelming, it may also affect your recovery.
At these trying times, having someone there to guide you through the process of your personal injury claim can set your mind at ease. You also want to work with an experienced lawyer you can trust. Scott Baron founded his law firm in 1994 to represent clients who have suffered severe injuries from someone else’s negligence. He and his legal team are committed to holding those responsible accountable.
If you think you have a personal injury claim, call (866) WAS-HURT or contact us online today.
Whether your injury occurred at home, on the road, a sidewalk, in a building, or on the job, we represent clients in all personal injury areas, including:
Slips and falls and other property-related accidents
– Slick surfaces, broken steps, cracked or raised sidewalks, or poor lighting can lead to slips and falls and serious injuries. Property owners are responsible for taking reasonable care in maintaining the premises.
– Dog bite injuries may take a long time to heal and have serious consequences, such as scarring and nerve damage. Our experienced team knows how to get the compensation you deserve.
– We use our compassion and our legal skills to fight for families of fatal accident victims and bring those responsible to justice.
Motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents
– If you’ve suffered whiplash, neck, spinal cord or other injuries from a motor vehicle accident of any kind, we will help you get full compensation.
– With the recent construction boom, the number of deaths and injuries from falls, fires and explosions, and other hazards have, unfortunately, risen. Besides workers’ compensation, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim.
– Law enforcement officers have a duty to protect and serve their fellow citizens, but if they abuse their power, we will fight for your rights and hold them accountable.
Bicycles and buses
– Injuries from bus and bicycle collisions can be severe and deadly. We’ll help you throughout the process of your claim.
Fire accidents and explosions
– These incidents can cause the most serious injuries and suffering, and may involve several parties. We have the resources to investigate and build a strong case.
Elevator and escalator accidents
– Though elevators and escalators are generally safe, accidents can and do happen, from equipment malfunctions, improper adjustments, or other causes. These cases involve special local installation, inspection, and maintenance laws. We will prepare your case carefully to ensure you receive enough compensation.
How Long Do I Have to File My Personal Injury Claim?
It’s important to act quickly. The statute of limitations, the time you have to file a personal injury claim, depends on the type of case. If you’re pursuing a negligence claim, you have a three-year time limit from the date of the accident or injury. In many cases, wrongful death claims have a two-year limit. For cases against a public entity or employee, you must file a written Notice of Claim within 90 days of the accident. Determining the amount of time you have left can be complicated.
The best time to file a claim is sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, as time goes on, crucial evidence can be lost or wear away and witnesses may no longer be available. We’ll investigate your accident quickly and thoroughly, talk to witnesses, gather evidence, consult with medical professionals, and hire experts. We’ll ease the process for you to give you peace of mind to help you focus on your recovery.
Potential Damages You May Recover
Depending on the nature of the accident and the severity of the injuries, you may qualify for compensation for the following damages:
Scott Baron & Associates has won numerous high-value personal injury verdicts and settlements. We work closely with you, and take the time to listen to your needs. We give each case our personal attention and support our clients throughout to relieve their burdens and restore harmony to everyone.
We also negotiate with insurance companies so that they won’t take advantage of you. We back that up with decades of experience that puts our clients in the strongest position to win full compensation by settlement or jury verdict.
For a free consultation, call (866) WAS-HURT or contact us online today.
24/7 emergency response when available.
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment